Sunday, 15 August 2010

I Am Not My Hair


So, I'm living in Joburg - busy, big city...WHOOP WHOOP!
One problem though:
walking around with natural hair.
I thought it was all right, until the "cool" people started assuming that I'm too broke to afford a weave. WHAT?!
Does it get WEIRDER than this?!!!
What used to be a peaceful walk to campus in my favourite pony tail
has turned into a hair scandal! You might ask yourself: "is it necessarry?" ...the answer to that should be NO!
I'm not a sistah of the soil nor am I a future Rastafarian. I just LOVE my natural hair - less tress.

*sigh*

now that we got that out of the way, it's safe to say that "I am NOT my hair" (go India Arie!!!) - that doesn't mean I'd go bald either :)

Nuff said

Nelz

2 comments:

Nandi said...

Love your blog angel* Me and you go way back(chuckle) Hope you doing well pie and making all your dreams come true:) xx

Nelz! said...

mwa! I'm pushin hey...getting there :)